Country Guide: Belgium
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB) / Convention Relative Au Contrat de Transport International de Marchandises Par Route (CMR)
- Packing list
- Copy of Passport showing photograph and signature
- Detailed inventory, valued and signed
- Letter of Employment from the origin country stating that the customer has been employed outside the European Union for a period of at least 1 year
- Certificate for Free Entry
- Certificate of Residence (Model 2) issued by local Belgian town hall of the city of residence
- Certificate of Change of Residence (< modèle 8>) issued by the local town hall in Belgium where the client lived prior to departure abroad (returning Belgian nationals only)
- If possible, the letter of employment from the origin country should include the beginning and ending dates of employment and beginning date of employment in Belgium.
- Any other official documents from the Embassy or the Consulate at origin stating that shipper has lived outside Belgium for the past 12 months should be included.
- Original Registration Card
- Copy of Purchase Invoice / Sales Contract / Good Faith Declaration
- Certificate of Insurance from origin country
- Purchase Invoice / Sales Contract / Good Faith Declaration from owner must state that the vehicle has been in his or her possession for more than 6 months, the approximate current value and that the vehicle is not for resale.
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Pets must be identifiable (tattoo or an electronic identification system) and vaccinated against rabies.
- Alcohol (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Coats, fur and leather shoes made from protected animals (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions
- Illegal drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.