Country Guide: Cameroon – Cameroon
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Packing list
- Copy of Passport
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) – no Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Original valued inventory in French dated and signed by the shipper
- Purchase Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Resident Permit / Work Permit / Employment Letter
- Non-sale Certificate (declaration that shipper will not sell personal effects in Cameroon)
- Certificate of Change of Residence
- Bordereau Electronique de Suivi de Cargaison (BESC) / Electronic Cargo Tracking Note (ECTN)
- Certificate for Free Entry (from Customs)
- All documents must be provided to the destination agent 2 weeks before arrival of the shipment obtain duty free clearance prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Customs clearance for a full container load (FCL) is approximately 12 days.
- All items less than 6 months are dutiable at 57% CIF.
- There is a statistics levy by Customs of 7% for all non-diplomatic shipments.
- There is a statistics levy by Customs of 1.5% on all diplomatic shipments.
- Original Registration Card
- Insurance Certificate
- Original Purchase Invoice
- OBL / AWB
- Non-sale Certificate
- The vehicle must be identified on the packing list.
- The taxes on vehicles will depend on age, power etc. (58% costs, insurance and freight if the engine is less than 2000 cc or 77% if more than 2000 cc).
- The OBL must show the chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 3 weeks; it may take longer if vehicle is shipped with household goods
- Vaccination Record
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Documentation is required prior to import.
- Firearms and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration required)
- Alcohol (only “Fond de Cave”) is acceptable and is duty free (20 bottles)
- Cigarettes (400), cigars (50), tobacco (5 packets)
- Perfume (5 bottles)
- Currency (unlimited)
- Computers (duty free if for personal use)
- Counterfeit goods
- Pornographic content or materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
IAM Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While IAM has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, IAM makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.